This week we invite prayers for our Church
Pray for healthy and holy personal relationships within the Church.
Have mercy on all who bear me evil will and would harm me
Forgive their faults and mine together;
Amend and redress and make us saved souls in heaven together,
Where we may ever live and love
Toghether with you and your blessed saints,
O glorious Trinity,
through the bitter passion of our sweet Saviour. St. Thomas More, 1478 - 1535
and for our clergy, especially those about to take on leadership roles in the Church.
- Keep them, I pray Thee, dearest Lord,
- Keep them, for they are Thine -
- Thy priests whose lives burn out before
- Thy consecrated shrine.
- Keep them, for they are in the world,
- Though from the world apart
- When earthly pleasures tempt, allure, -
- Shelter them in Thy heart.
- Keep them, and comfort them in hours
- Of loneliness and pain,
- When all their life of sacrifice
- For souls seems but in vain.Keep them for
- they have no one but Thee,
- Yet they have only human hearts,
- With human frailty.
- Keep them as spotless as the Host,
- that daily they caress;
- Their every thought and word and deed,
- Deign, dearest Lord, to bless.